Dr. Jaliman offers the latest treatments and products in her NYC office from facial treatments including Thermage CPT to body sculpting.
- Acne Scars
- Anti-aging treatments
- Facial Fillers
- Brown Spots Treatment
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Fat Reduction
- Earlobe Repair
- Hair Loss
- Hand Rejuvenation
- Laser Treatments
- Microneedling with PRP
- Procell Pen
- PRP - Skin Rejuvenation
- Scar Reduction
- Skin Tightening
- Thermage NYC
Call to make an appointment with board-certified NYC dermatologist Dr. Debra Jaliman to discuss any cosmetic procedures.
Thermage is ideal for individuals with active lifestyles who do not wish to experience the healing time after ablative procedures or surgery. Since Thermage requires no “downtime,” patients can resume their regular activities shortly after treatment. Thermage is indicated for modest tightening of the skin and the treatment of wrinkles, contouring of the treatment area, and collagen regeneration. Thermage is not intended to be a substitute for a surgical facelift or ablative skin resurfacing. During the treatment, you will feel heat; the use of pain medication and/or a relaxant eases discomfort and is recommended for most patients. For your convenience and comfort, we provide prescriptions prior to your procedure.
THERMAGE PRE-CARE INSTRUCTIONS and CONTRAINDICATIONS
- Active implants, such as cardiac pacemaker or permanent implant in the treatment area; significant concurrent illness, such as severe diabetes, congestive heart disease, epilepsy and other neurological disorders, or active infection; and immunosuppressive diseases, including AIDS and HIV infection, or use of immunosuppressive medications. Thermage is not recommended for pregnant or nursing patients.
- Remove all makeup and skin care products prior to beginning of treatment. Hair should be pulled back and away from face for best application.
- Remove contact lenses if having Thermage done on the face.
- Remove all jewelry prior to arriving for your appointment for Thermage.
- Take prescribed pain medication and/or relaxants 1 hour before arriving for your appointment.
- Notify your technician of any tattooed area or permanent makeup on the face prior to treatment start.
THERMAGE CPT POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Topical Care:
- Please wear a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater for at least 1 week post treatment.
- Do not irritate treated area chemically (such as with acne or anti-aging products) or mechanically (such as with sonic cleansing systems) for 1-2 days after treatment.
- Makeup may be applied immediately after treatment.
- Wash treated area gently with mild soap and water. If treated area is irritated, the area should not be rubbed with a face cloth or towel but rather patted dry.
- Avoiding the use of NSAIDs and steroids:
- Aspirin, aspirin-containing products and ibuprofen should be avoided for at least 2 weeks post treatment. You may use Tylenol for discomfort if necessary. Prednisone and other steroids should be avoided completely for a month, since they affect results.
- PLEASE NOTE: If sedation medication was taken prior to treatment, do not drive or operate machinery for four hours after your treatment.
- Provided that there is no persistent redness, blistering, or crusting present in the treatment area, you may resume all normal activities.
- Adverse Events:
- Please contact Dr. Jaliman’s office immediately if you notice any blistering, redness, crusting, tenderness, or any other changes that may concern you.
- Follow-Up Photographs:
- Remember that Thermage continues to work gradually for approximately 6 months post treatment. You should return for follow-up photographs at 3 and 6 month intervals to evaluate results.
NEW! CoolSculpting can now be used to sculpt arms and legs. Dr. Jaliman is one of the few doctors in New York with the new CoolSculpting handpieces that freeze fat on arms and legs.
What is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting (also known as CoolSculpting by Zeltiq or just Zeltiq) is a revolutionary new method for reducing fat in common problem areas, including back, flank (love handles) and abdomen.It uses a controlled cooling technology that targets and destroys layers of fat cells from the body, helping to reduce unsightly bulges.
How does CoolSculpting actually work?
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive, painless and simple procedure. We place a gel pad and a specialized applicator to deliver cooling to the fat cells in the targeted area. This process, called Cryolipolysis, chills fat cells and stimulates the natural removal of these cells. The fat is then metabolized by your own body.
How long does CoolSculpting take?
Each treatment can last anywhere from one to several hours, depending on the size of the area being treated. We will tell you during the consultation how many hours you will require. If you require more than two hours, these sessions can be broken up over several days or can be scheduled all together in one sitting.
Is it painful?
We use a gentle and entirely non-invasive procedure. It does not require any anesthesia or pain medication. Most patients experience no pain or minimal discomfort. While having the procedure you can enjoy a movie through Netflix, watch television, read a book, listen to music or simply take a nap. While everything necessary will be provided, you are welcome to bring any additional comforts of home, such as movies, music, pillows or reading material.
Is this a safe procedure?
CoolSculpting in NYC is performed under the supervision of Dr. Jaliman in her medical office. The technology enables precise, controlled delivery of the cooling that affects only fat cells on your body, ensuring that no surrounding tissue or cells are affected or damaged. Additionally, because the treatment is non-invasive, there is no risk of infection, complications from anesthesia, or other side effects associated with surgery.
How long does it take to recover?
There is no recovery time required following a treatment. Patients may resume their daily activities immediately following the procedure. You can even exercise right after the procedure. Mild redness in the treated area can last several minutes up to two weeks. Some people may bruise, which can last up to two weeks. Within the first two weeks you may experience, tingling, tenderness, cramping, itching or soreness. You may feel a temporary dulling sensation in the treated area for up to eight weeks. Patients vary in side effects and while many experience no reaction, others may experience mild side effects.
Is CoolSculpting right for me?
This procedure is designed for individuals who are healthy and fit, but who want to eliminate fat in areas of their body that have not responded well to diet or exercise. is not a substitute for weight loss or liposuction, nor does it address problems with obesity.
How soon will I see results?
You should see results within 2 to 4 months.
How long do the effects last?
The effects of the treatment are permanent. Fat cells do not reproduce or expand in size. Once the fat cells are eliminated from your body, they will not reappear if healthy exercise and lifestyle are maintained.
Can I undergo more than one treatment?
After assessing the effects of your first treatment, speak to Dr. Jaliman about whether you could benefit from additional treatments. For more results, some patients opt for multiple follow-up treatments over the course of a year.
Immediately after your CoolSculpting™ Procedure:
- There is no recovery time after the procedure. You may resume your normal activities on the same day as your procedure, including work and exercise.
- The treated tissue may look or feel stiff immediately after the procedure. This is normal and disappears within 10 minutes.
- The treated area will be red for approximately 20 minutes after the applicator is removed.
- The vacuum pressure can cause bruising and tenderness to the touch. If it occurs, it typically resolves within a few weeks.
- You may feel a temporary dulling of sensation in the treated area. This is normal and will resolve in a few hours to as long as eight weeks after your procedure.
Days and weeks after your CoolSculpting™ Procedure:
- Mild redness in the treated area lasting for a few minutes to a few hours is an expected but temporary effect of the CoolSculpting™ procedure. Some patients may experience more severe or persistent redness that gradually improves after a few days. Call Dr. Jaliman if you have pain, swelling or redness that worsens over time or that lasts more than two weeks.
- It is not uncommon for the treated area to bruise, which may last for a few weeks after your procedure. Contact Dr. Jaliman if the bruising lasts longer than one month or if the bruise appears to be worsening after two weeks.
- Within the first two weeks following your procedure you may experience one or more of the following sensations – tingling, tenderness, cramping and/or soreness. Consult Dr. Jaliman if these conditions persist beyond two weeks or worsen over time.
- You may feel a temporary dulling of sensation or numbness in the treated area for up to eight weeks after your procedure.
- In the weeks following your procedure, a gradual reduction in the thickness of the fat layer will be taking place. CoolSculpting™ provides a noticeable, measurable fat reduction in two to four months.
- Schedule a follow-up visit with Dr. Jaliman to review your clinical results.
- Preventing weight gain after your procedure by maintaining a healthy diet and exercising regularly may allow you to more easily evaluate your results.
- At your follow-up visit, Dr. Jaliman will assess your improvement and discuss the option of additional CoolSculpting™ procedures to achieve more fat reduction.
D Many patients come to the office with lumps on their faces due to fillers that were improperly injected by other dermatologist. Hyaluronic acid-based fillers can be dissolved by Vitrase. Dr. Jaliman has helped correct mistakes made by other doctors.
Vitrase is a solution to correct lips that are too big, asymmetric, or lumps/bumps from fillers. Vitrase works extremely well on errors made with Restylane and Perlane. It does not work on errors made with Cosmoderm, Cosmoplast, or Radiesse. The effects of Vitrase are evident in a day or two. Vitrase is very effective and dissolves unwanted injectables and is known as the “mistake corrector”.
- Vitrase® is a genetically designed protein
- Vitrase® is used as an aid in helping your body absorb other injected medications
Vitrase was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in 2004 as an injectable facial filler.
What is Vitrase?
Vitrase is an enzyme that helps to dissolve hyaluronic acid filler.
When is Vitrase used?
If you have Restlylane, Perlane, Juvéderm or any hyaluronic acid filler injected into your face and you are not happy with the results you can have it dissolved. It is also used if you have a bump from your filler. You can have it injected right into the bump to dissolve it.
Does Vitrase hurt?
There is a slight stinging sensation from the injection.
Can Vitrase be done in small amounts?
Sometimes it’s necessary to put small injections of the Vitrase into the skin so that the unwanted filler is dissolved but the rest of the filler is left in place.
Can I be numb and before these injections?
There is a topical numbing cream that can be applied to the skin for 15 to 20 minutes before the Vitrase injections.
Can more filler be injected on the same day as the Vitrase injections?
Since Vitrase is a dissolver it is best not to inject the face with additional hyaluronic acid on the same day. Otherwise, the new hyaluronic acid will also be dissolved.
Call to schedule an appointment with board-certified New York City dermatologist Dr. Debra Jaliman for Vitrase injections to remove unwanted hyaluronic acid filler or to dissolve bumps.