Get your Facial Fillers in NYC done by a World-Renowned, Board-Certified Dermatologist
Loss of volume causes wrinkles, marionette lines, thinner lips, prominent nasolabial folds, and exaggerated jowls as we mature‐a hollowed-out, aged appearance results from the underlying bone and soft tissue's natural deterioration. Fillers injected beneath the skin's surface can restore the volume lost due to aging.
Hyaluronic acid-based fillers, like Juvéderm and Restylane, are used by our skilled team at Dr. Debra Jaliman MD in New York City for plumping up the cheeks, minimizing wrinkles, improving lips, and giving patients a more youthful, natural appearance.
At our office, we are constantly introducing the newest advancements in facial fillers, such as the most sophisticated lip fillers available right now: Restylane Lyft, Resylane Silk, Kysse, Juvederm Ultra XC, Juvederm Ultra Plus XC, Juvederm Voluma, and neuromodulators like Botox Cosmetic.
What are dermal fillers?
As we age, the skin slowly loses elastin, collagen, and hyaluronic acids. These substances are responsible for the resilience, suppleness, and brilliant glow of youth complexions. When they are gone, wrinkles may start to appear when the skin's underlying structural support begins to deteriorate, giving the face contours a hollow appearance.
The loss of clarity in the jawline, facial lines and bags under the eyes, dark circles and bags under the nose, thinning lips, and a decrease in the volume of fat in the temples and cheeks are all signs of aging that dermal fillers can help with. There's no recovery time required while using facial fillers in NYC. After each session, patients can quickly resume their daily activities.
What do Facial Fillers Treat?
Filler treatments promote facial rejuvenation and may help with a variety of cosmetic issues, including:
- The smile lines or nasolabial folds
- Fine lines
- Marionette lines
- Smoker lines (vertical lines over the lip)
- Thin lips
- Cheek sagging or hollowing
- tear troughs or circles under the eyes
- Undesirable contours or facial asymmetry
- Facial creases
Make a schedule online for your facial filler treatment in New York City today.
Types Of Dermal Fillers
There are several different facial fillers, each with unique characteristics and purposes. Here are some common dermal fillers:
One of the most widely used dermal fillers, Juvéderm, is intended to smooth and regenerate volume in your face. The entire line of Juvéderm products is available from Dr. Jaliman, including:
- Juvéderm Voluma is intended to give your cheeks more volume by lifting and shaping the area around them. Anyone with sagging, sunken, or hollow cheeks might consider Juvéderm Voluma.
- Juvéderm Volbella is a delicate, thin filler that is excellent for smoothing shallow and fine lines, particularly around the eyes and lips.
- Juvederm Vollure is intended to smooth out more deeply set wrinkles in the skin, such as the lines that form when you smile and press your nose to your mouth. Juvéderm Vollure gives loose skin back its structure and firmness while preserving the natural expression and movement of the face.
- Juvederm Ultra is a silky, smooth filler to enhance and improve thin lips.
- Juvederm Ultra Plus XC - It is intended for long-lasting results in areas having deep creases.
The longevity of Juvéderm results varies based on the area treated and how your body responds to the injectables, often lasting six months to two years for Voluma.
One of the best alternatives for Juvéderm is Restylane, which has a slightly distinct formula but yields comparable results. We provide the following products in the Restylane family:
- Restylane Original is a multipurpose product used to treat facial lines and wrinkles.
- Restylane Defyne is a more intense, thicker solution to treat deep, severe creases, particularly ones between your nose and mouth.
- Restylane Refyne is intended to treat mild laugh lines and smile lines.
- Restylane Silk is intended precisely to smooth the lines surrounding your lips and fill them up.
- Restylane Lyft smoothes wrinkles on your face, gives your cheeks more volume, and works well for hand wrinkles on the back of the hands and deeper folds and lines in the face.
The average shelf life of Restylane® products ranges from eight months to two years, contingent upon the specific formulation and the rate of absorption by the body. It will resorb more quickly, particularly in highly dynamic body regions like the lips.
Belotero is an excellent hyalutonic acid filler used to fill the undereye area.
It is also used to treat fine lines on the face.
It is also an excellent filler for use on the forehead for patients who do not want to use Botox or for those who still have deep lines after Botox injections.
The newest hyaluronic acid filler from Allergan was approved by the FDA in May 2023. It is injected all over the face to hydrate, smooth, and fill fine lines. Lasts 6 months.
Benefits of Facial Fillers
Facial fillers, often called dermal fillers, are a popular cosmetic treatment that can offer several excellent benefits for those looking to enhance their appearance.
Here are some of the key advantages of using facial fillers:
- Reduced Wrinkles and Fine Lines: As we age, our skin loses its elasticity and volume, forming wrinkles and fine lines. Facial fillers, typically made from substances like hyaluronic acid, can help in plumping up the skin, smoothing out these signs of aging.
- Instant results: Facial fillers provide instant improvement, unlike other cosmetic procedures that take time to show results. You will appear refreshed and young when you leave the office.
- Customizable: Dr Jaliman can tailor the treatment to your specific needs. Whether you want to add volume to your lips and cheeks or fill deep lines, the procedure can be adjusted to achieve your desired look.
- Natural-Looking Results: Modern filler formulations are designed to provide natural results. You can enhance your appearance without looking overly done or fake.
- Minimized Scarring: Unlike surgical procedures that can leave scars, facial fillers are injected through tiny needles, which means no scarring.
If you want to experience the benefits of facial fillers in NYC, call Dr. Jaliman's office at (212) 517-8855.
Am I a Suitable Candidate for Dermal Fillers in NYC?
Facial fillers are an excellent choice for people who wish to improve the signs of aging without invasive surgery. You are a great candidate for dermal fillers if you want to plump up your lips and cheeks, reduce wrinkles and fine lines on the face, or look younger and more refreshed. You might not be the best candidate if you:
- Have persistent skin infections or unhealed injury wounds.
- Are pregnant
- Have an allergy to beef or dairy products (we can do a skin test)
- Experience autoimmune diseases
- Have an allergy to lidocaine, the anesthetic included in most dermal fillers.
You should schedule an appointment at our office to find out if you are a suitable candidate.
What Can I Expect in My Facial Filler in NYC?
Dermal filler injections are a quick, noninvasive procedure that requires no recovery time. Certain dermal fillers may take a week or more to show their best results, but you can expect instant results. Following filler treatment, some swelling and bruising in the affected areas are frequent but usually disappear quickly.
A Safe Non-Surgical Way To Improve Skin
With their lengthy recovery times and significant risks, surgery resections, and minimally invasive surgery make up the majority of available facial cosmetic treatments. However, with injectable dermal filler, this isn't the case. Many patients do not want the extended downtime of a facelift and prefer to address their cosmetic concerns with noninvasive procedures. They prefer to have some facial filler and neurotoxin like Botox or Xeomin so that it looks very natural and no one knows that they had work done.
Dermal fillers are simple to use, and each session can last anywhere from fifteen minutes to one hour, depending on where they are being injected and the extent of the procedure.
Here are some frequently asked questions.
Treatments with dermal fillers are customized and specific to each patient. Choosing the best facial treatment for your needs might be difficult with numerous options available. For this reason, it's critical to collaborate with a skilled medical professional who can assess your unique aesthetic goals. Our plastic surgeon will thoroughly assess your needs during a free dermal filler consultation to decide which dermal filler would best achieve the results you want.
The FDA has authorized Juvaderm® and Restylane, two hyaluronic acid gel facial fillers generally considered safe. Dermal fillers have modest side effects that are connected to the injection site. After the treatment, you can have some temporary swelling and bruising, but they will disappear in a few days.
Yes, many people combine fillers with Botox, chemical peels, or other cosmetic procedures for comprehensive results.
Treatments that require surgery, like facelifts, involve incisions and tissue correction, while non-surgical rejuvenation uses injectables like fillers for a less invasive approach.
Your doctor will advise you to avoid certain medications, supplements, and alcohol to reduce the risk of bleeding and bruising. Avoid aspirin, ibuprofin, Vitamin E and fish oil for the week before your injections.
Why choose Dr. Jaliman for facial fillers in NYC?
Here at Debra Jaliman MD, we provide innovative care from a highly skilled, highly qualified doctor who is a recognized expert in her field. Our practice stands out for the caring care we give each patient and the state-of-the-art technology we use.
We pay close attention to what you have to say about your expectations during your consultation, and we provide you with the information and knowledge you need to choose your course of treatment. Give us a call right now to learn how facial fillers in NYC may boost your appearance and self-esteem.
Injectable facial fillers have an immediate effect that can last anywhere from 3-24 months. The most common sites for fillers are the lips, nasolabial folds, cheeks and under the eyes. Fillers can also be used to fill grooves or depressions from acne scarring or trauma to the skin.
Dr. Jaliman’s New York office offers fillers such Juvederm, Restylane and Belotero.These fillers can be used to smooth facial lines and wrinkles, rebuild facial contours and create volume in the face.
Botox is not a filler, but rather a painless injection that blocks nerve impulses to facial muscles, smoothing lines and wrinkles. Botox can also be injected into the underarm area to treat symptoms of severe sweating.