A medical facial at the Manhattan, New York’s cosmetic dermatology practice is an intensive treatment for clogged pores. Our facial is designed for acne prone, oily and combination skin types. The facial consists of using a salicylic acid mask and an exfoliating cleanser that contains papain a papaya extract. This facial treatment controls acne by gently removing the dead skin cells that clog pores and cause blackheads and whiteheads. These lead to acne breakouts.
- Refines enlarged pores
- Improves skin texture and clarity
- Controls acne
- The skin is first washed with an exfoliating cleanser
- The face is then steamed for 10 minutes
- Incision and drainage is performed to remove blackheads and whiteheads and other blemishes
- A salicylic acid mask is then applied
- A liquid nitrogen slush is applied which seals the pores, stimulates healing and gives the skin a youthful glow
Please feel free to schedule an appointment for your medical facial by calling the New York office at (212) 517-8855. The procedure should last approximately 1 hour.