Acne is one of the most common skin diseases that Board Certified Dermatologist Debra Jaliman sees in her Manhattan, New York office. Acne is the term used for blocked pores resulting in black heads, whiteheads, cysts, lumps and nodules that usually occur on face, back and shoulders. Board Certified Dermatologist Debra Jaliman MD has successfully treated thousands of patients with acne.
Teenagers are usually affected, but age is not a factor, as many adults have acne as well. If proper treatment is not instituted, acne can be devastating and can leave permanent scars. Acne is a treatable condition. The earlier you treat your acne, the better the prognosis. Acne scars can be prevented. If acne scars form, they can be improved and minimized by lasers, microdermabrasion, fillers and Sculptra.
There are many different kinds of acne treatments available. Acne treatment is individualized for all patients and treatments may vary from patient to patient.
Some Important Acne Management Tips:
1. Clean your skin twice daily with a good cleanser.
2. Avoid oily comedogenic products that block the pores.
3. Diet may play a small role, avoid dairy products that contain hormones.
4. Have medical facials, so as not to enlarge pores.
5. Avoid picking skin as it may spread infection and leave scars. Have cysts injected immediately.
6. Try to avoid mental stress.
7. If using a birth control pill, use one approved to clear acne (YAZ).
8. Consult a dermatologist before scarring occurs.
Board Certified Dermatologist, Debra Jaliman, MD can clear up your skin in just a few short visits.
Feel free to schedule a consultation with Board Certified Dermatologist, Debra Jaliman, MD at her Manhattan, New York City office to discuss your acne management and acne treatment.